Bob Hayes, B.A.Sc. P.Eng.
Vice President: Stern Laboratories
Phone: (905) 548-5304
Over forty-four years experience designing and managing research and development projects for the nuclear industry. Background in fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, instrumentation and data acquisition, mechanical design and quality assurance. Involved in all aspects of operations, particularly designing and performing critical power experiments for all types of nuclear reactors.
B.Sc. (Mechanical Engineering) 1966. University of Toronto.
- Vice President, Stern Laboratories Inc., April 1988 to Present
- Manager, Systems Test, Contract Engineering, Westinghouse Canada Inc., January 1980 to April 1988.
- Supervisor, Systems Test, Systems Development Laboratory, Westinghouse Canada Inc., July 1972 to December 1979.
- Engineer, Heat Transport Systems Section, Systems Development Laboratory, Westinghouse Canada Limited, March 1969 to July 1972.
- Engineer, Engineering Development, Atomic Power Division, Westinghouse Canada Limited, May 1966 to March 1969.
- G.R. Dimmick and W.W. Inch, (AECL), J.S. Jun and H.C. Suk, (KAERI), G.I. Hadaller, R.A. Fortman and R.C. Hayes, (Stern Laboratories), “Full Scale Water CHF Testing of the Canflex Bundle”, 6th International Conference on CANDU Fuel, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, 1999 Sept. 26-30.
R.A. Fortman, G.I. Hadaller, R.C. Hayes, F. Stern (Stern Laboratories Inc.), W.I. Midvidy (Ontario Hydro), “Heat Transfer Studies with CANDU Fuel Simulators”, ICONE5, May 26-30, 1997, Nice, France.
- R.A. Fortman, G.I. Hadaller, R.C. Hamilton, R.C. Hayes, K.S. Shin, F. Stern, “A New Facility for the Determination of Critical Heat Flux in Nuclear Fuel Assemblies”, INC93, October 3-6, 1993, Toronto, Canada.
- F. Stern and R.C. Hayes, “A Facility for Qualification Testing of Equipment in Post LOCA Environments”, 1977 Canadian Nuclear Association Annual International Conference, Paper B8.