Position: Sales Representative of Business and Marketing (Contract)
Company: Stern Laboratories Inc.
Reporting to: President
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
About Stern Laboratories
Stern Laboratories Inc. (SL) is an employee-owned private corporation that performs a wide range of services largely in support of the Nuclear Industry both locally and abroad. These services include the performance of reliability and safety experiments for utilities, nuclear reactor and fuel vendors, government agencies and nuclear equipment suppliers.
The Sales Representative of Business and Marketing will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at generating leads and building customer relationships in the energy and research and development sector. They are driven by the challenge of marketing all SL technical services to an international industry.
- Develop and maintain a communications plan to generate awareness of the Lab within new and existing markets inside and outside of the Nuclear Industry.
- Work with the Executive Team to develop a plan for content generation that reflects the Lab’s thought leadership.
- Maintain the company’s Customer Management System database.
- Identify and monitor open tenders in the Nuclear Industry which SL can satisfy.
- Lobby customers to add SL to approved supplier lists and invitation-only tenders within our areas of expertise.
- Support relationships with new prospects, leveraging the expertise of the Executive Team as needed.
- Prepare internal market competitiveness reports.
- Continuously seek to achieve new business goals.
- Assist with the RFP and RFQ response process relating to new business opportunities.
- Support Project Managers with client presentations.
Skills and Qualifications
- College graduate in Business Marketing or equivalent
- Interest in the energy sector and research and development
- Experience in the nuclear industry a plus
- Excellent written, communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, and organizational skills
- Openness to (some) travel
- Language skills a plus (Korean, Mandarin, Japanese)
Contract Term and Compensation:
The Sales Representative of Business and Marketing position will be offered initially as a 24 month, full time contract with a salary to be negotiated based on experience. After the initial period, SL may offer full time employment with the company based upon a review of the performance and company workload.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and a pdf of your resume to email@example.com, while we wish we could talk to everyone, only selected candidates will be contacted. SL is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, colour, ability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.